Terms and conditions
Acceptance of the following Service Policies, Terms and Conditions is required for participation in the Kigali Greeters program.
- About Kigali Greeters
Kigali Greeters is a purely volunteer group formed to encourage understanding of Kigali’s culture and people, and to promote cross-cultural friendship.
- Member of Global Greeter Network
Global Greeter Network is an informal association of Greeter programs around the world. Kigali Greeters shares the core values of Global Greeter Network as listed below (excerpted from the website of Global Greeter Network:
- Greeters are volunteers, a friendly face for those visiting a city/destination
- Greeters welcome individuals and may serve small groups of up to six people
- Meeting a Greeter is free of charge
- All visitors and volunteers are welcome without any kind of discrimination.
- Greeter programs support sustainable tourism. Programs respect natural and man-made environments, bringing both cultural and economic enrichment to local communities. Programs aim for a lasting positive image of each destination.
- Greeter programs create a mutually enriching opportunity for cultural exchange; create links between people in creating a better world.
- Kigali Greeters’ volunteers provide Greeter services out of their own goodwill. Kigali Greeters makes no claims or guarantees as to the qualifications or experience of its Greeters.
- Kigali Greeters welcomes both individuals and small groups of up to six 6 people.
- Kigali Greeters reserves the right to refuse requests or itineraries that Kigali Greeters deems unreasonable for any reason. Greeters of Kigali Greeters are unable to reserve events, purchase tickets or otherwise act as intermediary booking agents
Meeting a Greeter of Kigali Greeters is free of charge. Kigali Greeters and its Greeters don’t request any expenses including the greeter’s transportation, admission fees and dining costs.
- Inappropriate Conduct
Kigali Greeters and its Greeters reserve the right to terminate Greeter services at any point during the tour if the visitor(s) exhibit any of the following behavior:
- UNSAFE or ILLEGAL BEHAVIOR.
- INAPPROPRIATE SEXUAL BEHAVIOR or advances. This includes sexual behavior initiated by the visitor(s) toward the greeter, occurring among the visitor(s) and or that initiated by the visitor(s) toward persons outside of the tour group.
- INTOXICATION AND ILLICIT DRUG ABUSE.
- ANY CONDUCT, BEHAVIOR, OR ACTION that the Greeter feels inappropriate or offensive or reflects poorly upon his or her self or Kigali Greeters.
- Statement of Limited Liability
Kigali Greeters and its Greeters are not responsible for any illnesses, injuries, thefts, losses, or any resulting damages incurred by the visitor(s) while using Kigali Greeters services. The visitor(s) accept(s) full responsibility for any damages, injuries, or losses that he/she/they may incur while using Kigali Greeters services.
- Right to Refuse Service, Conflicts of Interest
Kigali Greeters can refuse to offer its services and/or terminate its services to the visitor(s) at any point for the following reasons:
- The greeter’s activity time exceeds three hours.
- The Greeter has to incur any expenses related to the tour.
- The visitor(s) provides false information through the application form when requesting a Greeter and/or email exchanges with Kigali Greeters or the greeter.
- The visitor(s) attempt(s) to profit or gain monetarily from Kigali Greeters services or operate(s) a business which attempts to profit or gain from Kigali Greeters services.
- The visitor(s) paid for or received a referral to Kigali Greeters services by a for-profit entity such as a travel agency.
- The visitor(s) request(s) to engage in “sexual tourism” in any form or fashion. This includes but is not limited to requests to visit brothels, sexual goods shops, adult book stores and other similar venues which Kigali Greeters deems inappropriate for its Greeter services.
- The Greeter may cancel appointments with due notice if unavoidable reasons or extreme circumstances (e.g., extreme weather conditions, natural disaster, etc.) occur.
- Sudden Cancellation by Visitor(s)
Kigali Greeters reserves the right to refuse service to visitor(s) who have previously cancelled appointments without due notice. This excludes cases in which cancellation was for unavoidable reasons or extreme circumstances.
- Process for Being Appointed a Greeter
Visitor(s) agree to adhere to the following process when requesting a Greeter from Kigali Greeters.
To be adapted to the local process:
- Visitor applies for a Greeter at the relevant form on the website: kigali.globalgreeter.info
- Visitor receives an acceptance email from Kigali Greeters.
- A Greeter is appointed to the visitor and contacts the visitor via e-mail directly.
- If the visitor does not receive an e-mail from a Greeter up to within two days prior to his or her requested tour date, it means that no Greeter could be found. No further correspondence from Kigali Greeters to the visitor will be issued.
- Cases in Which Kigali Greeters May be Unable to Provide a Greeter
In the following cases, Kigali Greeters may be unable to provide a Greeter to the visitor(s):
- There are too many applicants and or a shortage of available Greeters.
- A Greeter cannot be found who speaks the language requested by the visitor.
- A Greeter cannot be found who is able to meet the visitor’s request.
- Visitor fails to submit his or her request at least two (2) weeks prior to the requested tour date.
- A request by a visitor(s) of minor age.